Indonesian coffees are rich, full-bodied and encompass a wide range of flavors. They may be nutty, earthy, spicy, chocolate-y or all of the above. The best Indonesian coffees have very movable profiles -- the flavors change remarkably even as the coffee cools in your cup. Coffees from the Pacific Rim countries can be bold, charming, delightful and subtle, but they are never bland or boring.
- India: Mild, sweet and varied
- Java: Spicy, mild, syrupy
- Papua New Guinea: Full-bodied, sweet, mild
- Sulawesi: Sweet, mild, rich body
- Sumatra: Syrupy, rich, spicy and complex
- Yemen: Wild, unforgettable, fruit and chocolate